Weblog? What weblog?

Friday, December 10, 2004:

The squirrels are looking especially mangy today...

Well, it's the end of the 1st semester of my 4th and first senior year here at BG, and things are finally starting to go the way I want them to. Next semester my Tuba lessons will no longer be for credit or a grade, but they'll be going in the direction I want them to- dixie and jazz playing. In todays lesson, my teacher outlined what we'll be doing next semester- Namely memorizing melodies and eventually changes from leadsheets of jazz/dixie standards, as well as improving my improvisational/soloing skills. He knows a big band leader in a nearby community, so we'll also be going to their sessions- at first sitting in and listening (identifying changes/tunes, etc.), and eventually playing and possibly even soloing with them, which I'm really excited about. The reason for all this goodness finally arriving is kind of a weird one- I'm ditching my performance major, as it's been nothing but a pain in the butt (and I was going to graduate in Paleobiology first, anyway.) in it's place I'll be tacking on a music minor, which I only need 2 more classes to obtain. I really wish I had done this my second semester of school when I saw what a load of BS the music bureaucracy here was, but I was convinced by my teacher at the time to stick with it. Oh well, no use crying over spilt beverages.

Once Christmas break hits (Dec. 17th) I won't be writing in here until next semester, but I have a funny feeling next semesters updates will be regular, so don't forget to check back if you have any interest in reading about my scintillating life and anything else I decide to fling in here at random.

Ta.


Supreme Mongoose // 1:47 PM

______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









Random crap and insight into the mind of me The current mood of Supreme_Mongoose at www.imood.com

This blog is in Oregon (Pacific Coast) time. So during the school year add 3 hours for the time I actually posted it. In summer, who knows.

Archives


Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)